1. Retrieve or Recover:
Planning to get your home remodelled and worried about the harm which nature might face? Then opt for an eco-friendly home renovation in Newmarket. And this is how you can achieve it:
- Avoid purchasing new materials and instead, use the reclaimed ones.
- Be resourceful and use reclaimed woods for your flooring options as well as for your walls. It is evident that you would be saving money, time and energy but the added advantage is that it is less prone to warping as well.
- Reface the materials instead of opting for a replacement.
- Research for your need to go green and proceed according to your research.
- Evaluate your needs and requirements because purchasing pre-owned materials may cut the renovation cost to a more significant extent. And still, if you don’t need something, donate them as someone else might need them.
- Buying preowned materials from local shops, is another way to cut renovation cost. You can go for used hardware, plumbing, cabinetry, and other antiques as well. On average, 70% of the materials you require for your home renovation in Newmarket could be recycled or reused in reconstruction and remodelling projects.
2. Use volatile organic compounds (VOC) free paint:
Need to switch to a greener version? Then using low VOC paints could be an ideal choice for your home renovation in Newmarket. VOC’s are volatile organic compounds which are chemicals that pollute the air when released. Also, they have a high vapor pressure which causes breathing problems. Furthermore, low or no VOC paints have witnessed a significant increase in its market demand due to their energy efficiency properties and their other advantages:
- They have no chemical composition which makes it a non-toxic choice.
- These paints are odourless and moisture resistant.
- They improve the quality of air at your work area.
- Its application is swift plus thus it reduces your labour cost as well.
- Unlike the usual paints, they are non-flammable which allows you for lower freight and storage, plus assures you with safety.
Being eco-friendly they are safe for your pets as well as children.
3. Go for energy efficient alternatives:
Use of eco-friendly appliances will ensure good health, and they are the perfect tool for energy efficiency. These are the ways to obtain them:
- Opt for energy efficient products that have the energy star logo on them.
- Switch from incandescent bulbs to LEDs as they consume less amount of power, and they let off less heat as compared to the conventional bulbs.
- The appliances in your bathroom require more water than any other devices installed in your home, so go for sustainable remodelling by making sure to install efficient plumbing systems and op for low volume dual flush mechanism.
- While looking for eco-friendly flooring, you can always go for the bamboo flooring which is more durable and is a pocket-friendly option. Bamboo flooring is a sustainable choice as these plants have rapid growth and have a quality of being regenerative.
- Make optimum use of an authoritative and renewable source of energy – the sun. You can also install your own solar power systems. They are an economical option as well as will reduce your hefty electricity bills.
Thus going for a green home renovation in Newmarket is no longer an expensive affair.
Atera Construction and Renovations can give your outdated kitchen the fresh look you desire with brand new cabinets, countertop and back-splash.
Our professionals can create a calming spa experience in your own home. We have the skills for plumbing, flooring, countertops and more.
Turn your basement into a cozy family space where you and your family will enjoy spending time together. We can take care of all the services required.
Our customer’s dream becomes our vision. We can guide you in building the exact space you desire with careful planning, designing, and budgeting.
Your home has the potential to feel more comfortable. Let us help you add more space. We do everything from foundation and framing to paint and floors.
Our company can provide all the material, labor, equipment, and services required for any construction project to be brought to life.
Our experience in this field can guide you in choosing available materials that are cost efficient for your budget, without undermining the design.
Planning and Design
Our team works in partnership with the client to create a design that stays true to the customers’ liking and vision. We plan accordingly with accuracy.
We can oversee that a construction project gets done with maximum customer satisfaction in all aspects of professionalism.
Our team can design and install any electrical work you may need to suit all of your lighting needs and to ensure all of your electronics have the power they need.
Flooring brings the whole room together. Whether you envision your space with hardwood, laminate, vinyl, Carpet, or tile floor, we can do it all.
It is important to have a plumbing system that you can rely on without hesitation. For all plumbing projects we only use high quality materials for best results.